is it worth fixing our 2002 chevrolet venture?

Asked by Jan 20, 2014 at 07:17 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Venture

This is a list the mechanic gave us before the 2002 chevy vemture can get safetied.

3 wiper blades
RF marker light
LF flex hose
Wheel cylinder
Cracked sway bar
Brake proportioning valves (lines?)
Central arm bushings
Trans cooler line

The van was a gift from my dad. How much would this cost to get fixed at a shop or what
can we fix on our own and how much would it cost for parts? Should we just forget about
the van?

68,655

The wiper blades, all 3, and the marker light you should be able to fix yourself. In fact some auto parts stores will install the wipers for free if you buy them there. The marker light, unless the lense is damaged is probably just a bulb. Even if you have to remove the marker light assembly to get to the bulb it's probably just a few screws and/or clips. The rest can probably be fixed at a shop for about $1,000 parts and labor, or less. Since your Venture was a gift if the body, interior, etc. is in good shape and it runs/drives good I'd fix it and use it. Sounds like a good deal to me. HTH. -Jim