Where is the reset button for the gas on a 2002 chevy silverado

100

Asked by Angie Feb 09, 2013 at 05:31 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Please answer

When you say "gas" the security system shuts off fuel to the injectors.Turn the key to the "On" position in the Silverado without turning over. Let the vehicle sit for 10 minutes, leaving the key in the "On" position. Some Passlock systems will relearn the codes after this amount of time. Try to start the vehicle. If it starts, you have solved the issue. If it does not, you will need to either take the vehicle in or install a bypass module to circumvent the security system altogether.

@David age 25, how in the world did you understand THAT question...will wonders never cease...

Guess. There are two ways the gas can/will be shut off on a Silverado. She didn't say anything about a crash, which deploys an e shut off to prevent fire, I dismissed that and went with anti theft 'cause I figured it just would not start.... Then luck if it is right....I knew about the anti theft being in the fuel as opposed to an ignition system dis-abler like most.

Best Answer Mark helpful

you sir, are a magician and deserve to be called a GURU, personally had trouble sitting Indian style, but meditation and contemplation and easing the mind into the 'don't think' zone...zzzzzzzzz

100

Yes u were right thank u

400

04 Avalanche no start, after being parked at night. Not the security, had that happen before. Only a trickle of gas. Will start with ether. Replaced pump. Still nothing. F.P. Relay is good. Now at a real loss. There must be a relay or something in the system we are missing.No trauma to the vehicle. Parked in driveway. Next morning, no start. Any ideas?

440

Disconnect negative cable n then the ecm fuse for 30m which is located under hood look on cover it will tell u where is located .it's 10 s

870

Is there a reset button for the gas tank on a 2007 Chevrolet truck

150

Does a 2007 chevrolet suburban has a shut off nursery switch

80

No Inertia switch on Chevy Suburban

100

the passlock "vats" system relearn's nothing after 10 minutes. that is a safety feature of the system so you can start the vehicle again if the security "vats" has gone off. to relearn a new resistance takes a 30 minute procedure where you turn the key off then back on 3 times every 10 minutes and starting the motor the third time. it than relearns the resistance of the new key or if you happen to solder a resistor in the wiring loom it relearns that one and never need to use another resistor key again. if you do it won't matter due to resistor in the wiring system already. To get the procedure correct on the ingition switch on and off timing there are a few good examples on you tube. if you do the 10 minute emergency start you will be doing it every time you stop the car. that is if you wish to start it again. trust and believe this information was hard to come by and took me 3 days to nail down with all the bullshit out there on the web. if you choose to put a resistor in the line the highest resistance of the 13 or 14 that is used on the system is the resistance the system will default to if there is some kind of complete computer shut down or power so long it erases. this resistor is 2200 ohm's. get close it will count. do not. i repeat do not get a computer box or unit that will circumvent the vats system. these are wired into the computer which is not where the vats code originates. it comes from the bcm and periodically those boxes make the system believe it has 2 separate codes and gets confused which results in, you guessed it, security light flashing and again it wont start. however with these installed you also can not do the 10 min procedure and the 30 min procedure is just a waste of time. avoid them at all costs.

300

My 94 chevy 1500 after drive shaft snapped and immediately after slowly died and now won't start it cranks but no power to fuel pump relay or fuel pump... At wits end

160

Changed fuel pump now it won't stay started

220

I changed my fuel pump and the truck won't run still it is a 2009 they said fuel pump went out so I changed it still doing same thing

250

2017 Chevy Silverado . I got into car accident but didn’t mess up the radiator it just looks like the front end is damage but the car won’t start at all

440

Where is the location for the reset switch for a 2004 Gmc gas line

30

I have a 2007 GMC Sirrra and there is a reset for the fuel pump you simply manually pump it a few times. It is on the passenger side toward the back under the hood. It is silver and easy to miss. Have pumped it three times after truck got hot. Worked great.

260

Like a huge volcano explosion steam and smoke billows from the mangled hood yes yes she cried I have GEICO insurance. Please don't sue me Know I'd shouldn't been texting she spoke weakly stairing at the new Vet good daddy going to be pieed at me but he still a sweet o sugar daddy

260

Cheap lots at Caswell lake subdivision Willow Alaska. No zoning no inspections live in your school bus or a 4x8 tinty house

20

I have a 95 gmc sierrra,with 350 I’ve replaced plugs,O2/gas valve on side throttle body,and in process of changing distributor cap and rotor cause I noticed inside on top distributor and contact of rotor has a lil rust,truck cranks up fine and during slow acceleration seems to be ok most of the time but popping through throttle body and hesitating bad. Help please!!!! I’m spending a fortune trying to solve problems. No engine lights on

370

Where’s the fuel reset button for a 2001 Chevy 1500

I just read this remedy because had the wont shut off problem after my battery went completely dead And it worked THANK YOU SOOO much!!!!