Miles on odometer

Asked by Aug 02, 2013 at 05:18 PM about the 1975 Cadillac DeVille

I have to sell a 75 Caddy Coup Deville, looking at the odometer it reads 11070 with the
secondary meter to the right. How many miles is on this vehicle?

93,085

Good question, as this car is not equipped with the million mile odometer it could be 111070 or 211070 it is really hard to say. If Idaho DVM keeps records of re licensing mileages then you might get a better idea of just how many miles are on the unit by checking with them.

66,145

Back in those days cars only had 5 digit odometers. If it doesn't have mileage listed on the title from when it last changed hands there's no real way to tell. Most states exempt cars older than 10 model years from reporting mileage at time of sale. There are clues to look for to give you an idea though. Cadillacs of this vintage were VERY durable, long lasting cars. Look for wear on the steering wheel, pedals, carpeting, floor mats, and driver's seat areas. Same goes for the driver's interior door panel. If there's heavy wear patterns figure on 211,000. Same if the driver's door is sagging or the hinges have been repaired or replaced. Look closely at the engine compartment. Is it filthy? Lots of new(er) or aftermarket parts? Does the engine have a valve tap? Higher mileage ones probably will. Look for a puff of blue smoke when you start her up. Look at the trunk. Is it relatively clean? Or kinda beat up? Light wear in the areas mentioned will, in my opinion, indicate 111,000 miles. These cars wear like iron. Moderate to heavy wear in these areas would, to me, point tto

66,145

211,000 miles or better. Good luck with her. These were great cars!! HTH. -Jim