starting problem

Mark Corradetti
0

Asked by Sep 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM about the 1970 Cadillac DeVille

1970 Deville here...new starter, alternator, battery, battery may be low...due to trying to start using old starter...I charged it some...starter cranks engine, but car wont stay started...it shouldnt be a fuel problem, because that problem wasnt present before, and its unlikely that would develop all of a sudden. maybe the battery? but that confuses me, since the battery should charge itslef once the car starts, right? I cranks for a few seconds, but wont stay running...any suggestions?

tsar7
0

Do yourself a big favor and put in a Caterpillar battery. Yea, you get it down where all the big yellow machines are. These are kick ass batteries and in my opinion are three times as good in all aspects as any other battery. I think Caterpillar sells them at a loss so that their machines will always start. They crank till you burn up the starter, sit for a year and are ready to go and last for ever. Everyone argues with me on this but I have had lots of Ols Caddys and Imperials and these are the solution to the problem of a big v8 motor cranking and a ton of electrical accessories.