I have a 1964 Cadillac de ville convertible my question is Did cadillac come with factory a/c

Asked by Oct 18, 2013 at 08:38 PM about the 1964 Cadillac DeVille

I have this car for sale it does not have a/c the party interested has told me it came with factory a/c, but I have been told it did not and if a cadillac has a/c it has to be after market which is right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_de_Ville_series ---- Equipment features were same as in 1963 for the most part. Comfort Control, a completely automatic heating and air conditioning system controlled by a dial thermostat on the instrument panel, was introduced as an industry first. Hope this helps

Air conditioning was first introduced by Cadillac, as an extra cost option, in 1941. It did not become standard equipment until 1975. Except on the Fleetwood 75 models. Beginning 1964 those who ordered air-conditioning got Comfort Control. The first fully automatic heating and air conditioning system for a car. It boasted a temperature dial which enabled the driver to set the desired temperature just like your home thermostat. In other news at Cadillac 1964 was the first year for the V8 429 engine and turbo-hydramatic transmission. Buyers still had a choice of transmissions in '64. Either the old dual coupling hydramatic (reverse position at the bottom) or the turbo- hydramatic 400 (reverse position second next to park). You're buyer doesn't know what he's talking about!! HTH. -Jim