Why is it when my 2002 Chevy cavalier is park it throws warm air

Asked by Jul 26, 2014 at 08:23 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

Blows cold air when we're on the express way. But driving AROUND TOWN  and
when we stop at STOP SIGNS.. IT BLOWS WARM AIR. I WANT MY car to blow cold
air even when we park. Been doing this after we put the new ac compressor .Also
bought a new blower also bought the new big main fan. Recently bought new
alternator. Please help

101,385

Make sure the fan is running while ac is on and car in park.

Dandyoun when park the fan is running real good. My car does not over heat. I can drive my car when the ac off and it will not overheat. As soon as I turn the ac on you here the big fan kick on instant.

101,385

Was ac parts professionally installed? If so I advice to contact them. Could be freon level switch or cycling switch going bad. Are all the shrouds around the radiator installed correctly?

Dandyoun all the parts were put on bye a certified mechanic. We put on the ac compressor because they told us it was going bad. It would stop blowing air completely. . So anyways that's why we put the new ac .compressor. and after that the car as never been the same. Check for leaks and everthing. It comes out good. A buddy told me it might be the high pressure air switch. Don't know please help

101,385

Ok did you pull a vacuum on the system to get all the air out after installing the ac compressor? If not that's your problem.

Even installed a personal fan that latches on my radiator. Because my mechanic told me that it need to have more air blowing. Since it so hot but even at that before we did not have that on the car and even when we park are car would be blowing out cool air. Never warm. All I want is my car to throw out cold air when parked. They say it's the heat that's why my car doesn't cool when park but I have a lot of friends that are able to have there car park in this heat and I from Brownville texas heat is up to 103. And there car steal blows out cold air. Also I notice when other cars are park and there ac working real good it drips out a lot of water like a window ac unit. But my car never drips water like that when park. Just saying. I don't know a lot about cars

Yes sir and my lines vacuum before they put the free on sir

Sir I do remember when he put my new ac compressor he did not vacuum the line. So the next day I took it to the ac spot had them take out all the free on and stuff and vacuum the line then put new free on. And a new blower. And still has that problem. Especially when it's super hot outside I can not have my car park with the ac on cuzz it's blows out really warm air. But when we start driving around again it blows out cold air. It's the coldest when we are on the highway just driving without stopping not like when we in town blows warm air cuzz we be stopping and red,light's and lights ect.....

101,385

The added fan blowing the same direction as the original one? I would check it. If fans are blowing in different directions it will not cool.

101,385

Have to have good air flow thru the fins and radiator. Is the new added fan blocking some of them?

Like when we park sometimes you can here the ac vents make a noise like pssssssssssssss like if some air

101,385

Oh and cavaliers are known for blend door issues. Do you here a clicking noise behind the dash while ac or defrost is on?

10

same problem 2002 cavalier. what was the fix?

My 2005 Cavalier does the same exact thing, cold while driving warm when I stop. Even will overheat if Im stopped too long. Checked and my engine fan isn't coming on at all. Then today even while on the highway no cold air at all. What do I do? I know I need to replace my fan or try to toggle switch it, but I think its either my compressor or freon, but an hour before this it was freezing cold air coming out when driving. Doesn't freon slowly make the temp not as cold a little at a time or just be cold then stop being cold completely?