overheating and fans not coming on

Asked by Jan 04, 2014 at 05:59 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Venture

My 2003 Chevy Venture began overheating and I replaced the relays
because fan wasn't coming on. Now it continues to over heat. I can feel a
pulsing in the hoses and it takes a while to get hot so I think the thermostat
is fine. Could something like this be air or temperature sending sensor?

20,065

Is there a fuse connected to the fan? if so, check that first. Can you bypass the thermostat and see if the fan itself will run? If it does and the fuse if there is one, is good, the thermostat may be the problem. That is a common problem, especially in the lesser style electric radiator fans. That is why I bypassed my thermostat and put an inline fuse in. the fan runs all the time, but in a hot climate that is OK.

Computer chip under the passenger side glove box, $500.00 new. Told it should turn on the fans automatically, haven't tried it yet myself. I need to turn on the heat full blast in a drive through or my engine will blow up !!!

80

replace your cooling fan sensor switch located under the trotlle.

10

Check for air in the system a far as it overheating the problem is air goes to the highest point in the system and the bleeders are below that .I put in a prestone filler in the hoses that go to the rear heater and I hook the hose up to it on a trickle I have emptied and filled my radiator with straight antifreeze I start filling the system until there is no air coming out of the bleeders and then i start the car you must have good heat in the front and rear heaters for it to be full otherwise it will get air locked also check your temperature switch

I think chevy designed the electric fans to come on at 230 way to hot i used to run my ac and fans would come on you got 2 30 amp fuses and 3 relays and a temp sensor under thottle cAble but they had a problem with dexcool eating intake gasket i flushed that out and put prestone mix with any kind but as far as air you have a bleeder valve above water pump open that up when running to bleeder air then do the same with bleeder valve by themastat

I used to turn the AC on number one speed so the fans could come on doesn't come on anymore, why?

20,065

Your sensor leading to the fan switch is bad. Perhaps the entire fan system needs to be checked out, and replaced if needs be. Check for lose wiring and or bad connections of the wires. My bet would be a sensor or switch relay.

If your relays and fuses are working and replaced the Thermo Fan sensor Switch and if your car is still overheating, then check your cooling fans. If your cooling fans are not working even after testing each individual fan then it's time to replace the fans. If you have no leaking of the cooling/heating system you can also, replace the thermostat. Hey before doing anything on your car first bleed the cooling system that usually corrects the overheating problems. GM 3400 engines Chevy Venture

how do i check my cowley fan if working .want to connect to a on/off switch