car not starting

Asked by Jun 08, 2013 at 04:10 AM about the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

I have an 08 chevy cobalt.car would not start after running it for awhile,butI had wipers and radio and my radio worked.I'd get a jump it would start back up,or if I let it sit it'd start right back up.I replaced battery.Now if I run errands car will still not start but the radio,wipers,lights and windows work.Any suggestions

905

have your alternator and/or starter checked.

305

Too vauge. Does the engine turn over? Does it make a clicking sound? Does it try to run but quit? Two answers to no start, ie: "no fire, no fire water", It is either an electrical or a fuel problem, and guessing is foolish. Have it diagnosed at a reputable repair shop or dealership. DO NOT take it to Goodyear or Firestone, Midas or Meineke, they will rip you off.

3,495

Hello Sandra, I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. I'd like to assist you with finding a resolution. If you would PM you full name, VIN number and current mileage, I would gladly research the vehicle. Please detail the concern you are having in the message as well. I look forward to working with you. Marlea Wilson GM Customer Care

150

My car is doing something similar I just recently had the ignition replaced twice due to a recall about a week before it was replaced the 1st time I heard a beeping noise that continued for a cupple of minutes almost everytime I started the car then 1 day it just wouldn't start anymore I attempted to jump start it with no luck lights wipers radio everything turns on but the car wouldn't even attempt to turn over no clicking or anything gmc towed my car in fixed the ignition & car started up no problem I took the car to auto zone & checked the battery they checked it 3 x's & 100% life now 2 weeks later car started beeping at me again when I turned it on drove it to the store & now it won't start again I checked the fuses tried to jumpstart it tried locking & unlocking the driver & passenger doors to see if there was some type of built in alarm system system activated & nothing Help any advise??? I'm a single mom not working & this is the last thing I need... I've regularly maintained the car since I bought it 8 months ago I just don't understand what could be happening