the engine crakes but wont start

20

Asked by Feb 17, 2016 at 05:53 PM about the 2003 Saturn L300

just replace the tensioner and belt

5,185

I have a lot of experience with Saturns as I have owned 2. Is your L300 the V6 or the 4cyl? Have you had the alternator, and/or batter tested? Did any lights on the dash illuminate? Does the car make a clicking noise when it attempts to start? Ill keep and eye on this thread for your reply.

20

V6 Got a new battery. didn't check the alternator . Yes the engine does click

5,185

So I just had this issue with our little run around town saturn. It is most likely the alternator. Is the battery light illuminated and/blinking? It also may simply be that the battery cables are not firmly connected. Don't panic. See if a jump will get her started. If it does, and the car dies again just idling or driving, I am 99% positive its the alternator.

20

I will check the cable. But I did try to jump. Didn't start

5,185

Have you checked the drive belt that the tensioner holds? Is it loose? Are any warning lights on, on the dash? I am asking so I can best assist you. Did the car suddenly stop functioning? Was the belt tensioner replaced for a specific reason, or did the car stop running?

10

yes and there is a ping form the cam when I'm crakes but it wont start ,like ther is no gas or no spark?