Common problems

Asked by Jul 30, 2013 at 02:12 AM about the 2003 Saturn L300

Thinking about buying a used 03 Saturn L series 300 with 123000 miles on it. It sounds
good and drives nicely but I am hesitant because of the age. Are there any problems I
should look out for particularly

26,385

I would STRONGLY (I can't emphasize this enough) recommend that you AVOID this car for several reasons: Saturn discontinued the L Series after the 2004 model year, Saturn and Pontiac no longer exist..so even though GM still exists, major parts availability would be questionable...keep in mind this car was discontinued. According to Consumer Reports, there were several problem areas, namely: Engine Cooling, Fuel System, and Electrical System. You'll be inheriting someone else's problem child.

http://www.edmunds.com/saturn/l-series/2003/consumer-reviews.html

60

NOOOO!! Don't do it. I bought this car in 2007, with 21K miles on it. After the first few years it was one problem after another and they are all very expensive repairs. In the past year and a half I've put approximately $2K into repairs -- electrical issues, failed passlock module, and a whole bunch of other things. And now my service engine light is on and the car is shifting hard between first and second gear. I realize your post is several months old, but I hope you didn't buy the car!

hell yes Ihave a2006 saturn v6 wag it had 71000 mi, on it .first the key switch wasmessing up,had turn it off on off on,sometimethe motor would smooth out ,most times it didnt .then after that the going down the road it wouldnt changeor shiff without me stoping and restarting it.I had it at the dealer, and four other shops. now my ext waranty is out. onley 1000,000,miles and its a yard orderment.

50

I have 2004 saturn L300 won`t start ,but it turnover ,i already changed the crankshaft sensor

Probably late but sounds like torque converter wentbad causing pressure control solenoids to go bad parts not that expensive but is a time consuming job also .ostlikely cause would be in proper transmission fluid level car must be running and perfectly level then all gears ran thru while suspended !!!! Remove a bolt on passenger side of transmission while at 4unning temp I'm Then you have to add tra s fluid till it starts tospill out .and then replace bolt all while car is running and suspended perfectly level really gm wtf

2004 LW300 over 340,000 miles 2003 L200 370,000 miles Don't know what you folks do to your cars but Saturn brand has saved me 10's of thousands