Tach RPM fluctuations

Asked by Dec 07, 2009 at 04:44 PM about the 2003 Saturn L300

My veh. (totally equipped)81,000km Just replaced the MAF after my eng light ON. Since this time my RPM's fluctuate especially in warm weather. When I stop/go, the RPM's go up(normal) but when I stop(rev down to 250 ) and then rpm's level off like a yo-yo effect. This only happens at low speed(ie: traffic bumper to bumper, stop and go)Dealer is unable to locate source. ECM reprogrammed and throttle cleaned, EGR cleaned up out and still problem persists. All help appreciated to eradicate this problem.

115

MAP or IACV, Manifold Air Pressure sensor may be bad and telling the Idle Air Control Valve (which may be bad too) to stay open which would cause the high RPMs

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated however you mention my Rpm's are too high. This is not the problem. It rev's up normally as any car should. The problem is when I let the gas go, it rev's down to such a low RPM and then jumps back up to normal levels. The yo yo effect makes the car almost stall. In fact today approaching various STOP signs, I let the gas go and the RPM's dropped to a point that the engine stalled. 4 alarm bells rang but not a single dash warning light lit up indicating a malfunction ! I really need HELP on this issue !~