what were the major problems associated with the l-300s

Asked by Jan 27, 2008 at 12:14 AM about the 2003 Saturn L300

40,245

I have heard of few problems with the L-series Saturns, but you may wish to check out www.carsurvey.org to see what problems folks have experienced in real life. It's a great free site that I use all the time.

25

WE own a LW2 2000 wagon with 130,000 miles. I love the wagon and the gas mileage it has offered. However, this cold winter (2007) with icy conditions, I experienced poor gas mileage and "struggling" jetters when I would first start. With the higher gas prices, we thought the water ratio had risen, and water had condensated in the tank. My husband poured HEET gas treatment into the tank. After running for awhile. The jetters calmed and off I went. We needed a tune up at that time. We also had the fuel injection system flushed before winter. Now, we are having poor gas mileage. We have tuned the engine, had a diagnostic on the coil packs, O2s, with all those components in good condition, yet we are still experiencing poor gas mileage. Could the gas treatment this winter have casued this problem? Will another fuel system flush help this matter. Anyone with similar experience, please respond to our questions? We love the car and how it ran and performed before this winter. Help in KY 04-04-08