my daughter has a 2003 chevy cavalier, and it is making a popping noise under the hood somewhere, when you drive it up to about 15MPH it starts making the popping sound,

Asked by Jul 27, 2012 at 07:53 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

i have installed new brake pads on the front and the back shoes are still good, i also replace both inner and outter tie rods on both sides and replaces both front axles, but still getting the pooping noise when u drive it up to around 15MPH  and the faster you go, the more it pops, it makes the noise no matter if yuour going straight or turning either way, if any one can help me, please let me know what to do, kind of running out of money fixing it for her, lol,

200

First thing you should do when haveing strange noises is to determin exactly where your noise is comeing from, lift front end (with jack stands)have someone control speed of rotation as you inspect front end (carefully), find noise if you dont hear noise at 15 mp + then check tires , if noise only persists when the strain of pulling the weight of car is applied then check engine (may not be recieve'ing proper amount of gas or out of timeing ),,,,,Once you find your noise you can fix it,,,remember to always buy a (I like haynes)manual for your car .

385

Sounds like the CV axle joints might be bad but you replaced those. Check your struts and the hardware that connects them to the knuckle? Bearings? How about the control arm bushings? Motor mounts? Flex pipe in the exhaust shot? how is it running? Converter? See a professional for a proper diagnosis. Might be cheaper than continually throwing parts at it