after my anti theft alarm when off my steering wheel column locked. It will not start. Do I take off battery and reset it or do I call a toll truck to take to dealer? Land Rover you need to fix this

15

Asked by Jul 19, 2015 at 08:47 PM about the 2008 Land Rover LR2

My car AntiTheft alarm went off now my car is saying steering wheel column is locked. My 2008 LandRover LR2 will not start because of this. Is there a recall on Landrovers for this problem? If not how do we solve it. I read about software will reset it. Can Landrover mail us the software overnight. HELP!! This is not good LAND ROVER

20

I have the exact same car, I have a black 2008 Land Rover R2 and my anti theft alarm goes off randomly all the time and when I try to start y car sometimes the steering wheel locks up and so do my breaks so I can't drive it and the battery light and engine light come on

15

Took battery off to try and reset it but still doing the same thing. I was told by LandRover of Dallas to bring in so they could reset it with software!!Also wireless remote battery need to be checked. I hope to know more today.

15

what I'm afraid of is being out of alot money for nothing because once they reset it, it might happen again. LandRover need to recall this problem or send all owners the software to reset themselves!! Everyone need to call LandRover out of this problem. This is not good when our SVU is sitting up because of something the engieering need team need to correct asap!

30

Hello . The solution is simple 1. You buy obd2 Bluetooth. And download Dr. auto obd program .waluloj via mobile then will not show you any mistakes just wipe then the engine operation will work. I have tried and succeeded. Thank you

10

This happens with my 2008 Land Rover LR2 every so often, and my son found a trick to lock and unlock it. Usually, he pulled up on both front window buttons, simultaneously pushed the key in, and it would unlock or lock the steering to start by pressing the ignition. We did this several times, and it worked! Suddenly, TODAY, it won't work. Last time I followed what I read by disconnected the battery, pulled every main fuse, and then proceeded to the, "trick." We're in the process of doing the same thing now, in the order we did last time; disconnect battery, fuses, window button / push key in / start ignition, and test a few times to make sure this works. Will keep you posted. Nonetheless, when I complained to my mechanic, he said that it may be the key. The key is said to cost about 400-500. I hate this car. Just an FYI, but I reeeeally love the way it drives. Ugh

Hi, I'm living in Spain and own a 2008 Freelander 2 I've noticed a few times that after inserting the key and hitting the start button the car wouldn't start. So after pushing the key it pops out and in again it than would start. BUT...now the key is stuck and doesn't want to come out of the ignition lock. AND....my steering and automatic transmission are blocked, nor does​ the windows respond. The radio works. I had it towed to the garage and they changed the steering lock for €600. SURPRISE, a week later same problem ! Towed again to the same garage, but on arrival the car was unblocked and had no computer error. I've argued with them changing the wrong part as they should have changed the ignition lock ?! They don't wanna refund me nor discount the ignition lock because it could be something else they say. I've reached out to Landrover headoffice but I've to sort it with my dealer. This is really sad Landrover, since I don't trust my car anylonger I have to sell it but never ever a Landrover again.