car makes rattling sound when moving

Asked by Feb 05, 2014 at 11:24 PM about the 2007 Hyundai Tiburon

sounds like a muffler is rubbing on something but that's not it.  could it be the struts and
how can I tell if it's the struts.  It won't make that sound when car not in motion and I
push on it to get the suspension to go up and down.  Thanks

237,595

Probably not the strut. Could be a exhaust heat shield weld broke loose and is rattling.

Its more like a dull banging rubbing sound when going over a small bump or a rough road. thanks Tom, I will check the heat shield .

125

yup, sounds like a strut/suspension issue that maybe is allowing the suspension to bottom out and hit the rubber bumper on the suspension arm(s)/framing.... not really a fix for OEM struts other than to replace them and by them I mean both struts/shocks for the same axle at the same time as a minimum. Some shops will tell you to replace all 4 because it could affect your steering/handling. I say at a minimum replace the two for whatever axle you're having the issue with (front or back). That way you won't mess up the steering/handling. Also, check your springs for cracks/breaks. if you can lift the vehicle up by the frame (not the suspension), your suspension will drop and you will be able to check the springs better...take the tire off for better access.

Getting the suspension off the ground and checking for cracks/breaks is what l have to do. thanks Andrewdhager.

45

i have the same problem and its the tire rods and struts