Hello, yesterday my battery light came on as i was exiting the freeway my car started to pull and the accelerator was going fast with out me pressing on the gas pedal. We check to see if it was the alternator by disconnecting the positive line while the car was running and it wasnt the alternator so than we thought it was the battery which we bought a new one and it was working fine for a couple hours than i got home and turned car off and tried to turn it on and the car wouldn't start so we passed cables and it started but than gave up again, My lighting bulb light came on as well as the battery ..can anyone tell me whats going on???

Asked by Apr 15, 2016 at 09:30 AM about the 2008 Dodge Avenger

237,865

Battery light on is a charging issue. Most times a faulty alternator. not sure what you mean by 'passed the cables' or what a 'lighting bulb' is. But check the battery cables for corrosion and fraying. You might have a loose connection.

We jump start it . By the lighting bulb i mean the warning sign that has two lines and a lighting bulb in the middle