What are the best snow tires for this car.

185

Asked by Sep 27, 2007 at 10:55 AM about the 2007 Audi RS 4

Hi there,

Winter is fast approaching and I am in the market for snow tires as well as new rims. Any suggestions. Anyone have success with Tire
Rack?

40,285

To be honest, I would suggest that you purchase a good all-season radial tire, instead of studded snow tires. Tire Rack is a decent place, but you can also get good deals at Sears and other similar places. Most of the all-season radials on the market now are more than sufficient for any kind of weather or snow, without having the hassle of extra snow tires on spare rims.

Best Answer
175

Yokohama Avid W4S tires are the best snow tire I have ever used. They are a High Performance all season tire. They are ranked #1 on the Tire Rack webpage.

Pirrelli Scorpion snow and ice. Amazing dry pavement handling and yet very good snow and ice traction.

1,175

all season tires are the worst thing you could ever put on a car, they suck in the summer, and they are dangerous as hell in the winter. plus they wear out faster then a summer tire, its way better and the same price in the long run to get a set of winters, and summers....

855

I like All seasons 3/4 seasons, better grip than a touring tire. they wear out quicker becuase they're softer than touring tires. All-seasons in the winter is something you should only do in a pinch. Get a good set of winter tires, that way all you have to blame is poor driving skills if your crash into something! Winter tires are Manditory in Quebec now!

Totally agree re: all seasons. My wife has all season on her BMW x5 and the snow/ice handling is horrible. I've got snow tires on my cayenne and I can stop on a dime. The handling in snow and ice is so....much better in my car with snows than in my wife's with all seasons. dump the all seasons, get some winter rims - have them balanced and bolt them on each season.

15

depending on where you live you dont need winter tires, unless you live in a place where there is constant snow theres no need to spend the extra thousand on new tires/rims and balancing and all that. Winter tires are only necessary if you live in like freaking Colorado where its snowing for half the year or whatever it is.

5

I bought myself the Blizzaks (LM22 255/40 R19). They're expensive (600 per tire) but well worth it! They have tons of tread left and I've used them for 2 winters. I put them right on my factory rims and my car drives live a tank in the harsh canadian winters. I know most people don't like to drive in the winter with their nice 19' rims however, I have done this for 2 winters and they're fine (no salt corrosion and they haven't bent or anything) . Call me a girly girl but the I love the aesthetics of my RS4 and I want to enjoy them all year long! I hate ugly winter rims.:)