Rough idle

Asked by Oct 05, 2008 at 12:27 PM about the 1984 Pontiac Fiero

I have a 1984 pontiac fiero and it idles quite rough and a mechanic said it may be a leak in the oil pan. I'm not sure what to do.

10

Try cleaning out the egr or throttle body. Also try replacing spark plugs or wires. check for vacuum leaks. you will need to replace the oil pan gasket to stop the oil leak. if the car is running low on oil it wont run as smoothly.

30

if its a 2.5 its the tps

55

Could be a vacuum leak, MAP sensor, bad spark plug or plug wire, burned valve, bad head gasket.............. It could be a lot of things without knowing more info. Have you; checked compression, changed/checked plugs and wires, checked all vacuum hoses, checked the EGR valve, scanned the computer data stream when the engine is running?

355

DUMP THAT PERSON!!! What Are The Condthion Of The Vacuume Hoses? Did You Ever Change The Spark Plugs N Wires? Is The PCV Valve Clogged? An Oil Pan Leek Wont Make A Car Idel Ruff Unless It's So Loose All Crank Gasses Pass Too...At That Point The Pan Would Be Just About On The Ground.

55

I agree with Robert, I've never heard of an oil pan leak causing a miss.

30

check for a vaccum leak. check your timing is it a constant rough idle or does it fluctuate up an down if it does it most likely your tps.