what is the gas milage for a 1984 pontiac fiero?

Asked by Jan 29, 2008 at 01:08 AM about the 1984 Pontiac Fiero

Can anyone tell me the gas milage for a 1984 pontiac fiero?  i looked it up on some sites, but they are all giving me differant answers.  please include the engine size and transmision type when you answer.  thanks.

6,995

Do you have the 4 cly or the v-6? My 4cly got an avg of 27-28MPG (city and highway) MY 2.8 V-6 got an avg of 22-25MPG (city and highway) I also had engine "enhansments" done. When I put the 3.1 V-6 HO into it I got 28-30MPG, but it was a world of pain. Hope this helps and best of luck

35

had a few dukes... all of them easily got 30mpg they were seriously great on gas...

55

even thought back in 84, the EPA claimed about 40 mpg, you will probably only see about 30 if the engine has no problems

55

Also, in 84, there were two different types of transmissions (both 4 speed manuals). But it did not really affect the fuel milage

95

the two different 4 spd manuals gave differing gas mileage, having owned both, the 4.10 ratio sucked to around 30mpg,the 3.55 was a bit better, but the FI on that year wasn't very precise and the computer was mostly to blame,and the crappy distributor,upgrading to a hotter coil helps some,putting in the 85 up 4cyl isuzu transmission makes for 40+ mpg,i used to commute in my fieros so mpg was crucial with the 10 gallon fuel tank. the state of your engine,compression and internal friction will determine your ultimate Mpg, also be sure to replace your rear wheel bearings, check your clutch release,and toss the stock rear brakes for some 88-91 grand am rotors calipers and pads to cut down on brake drag from the stock rear brakes,i got 5mpg more and better brakes,also adjust and grease_+ replace your front wheel bearings AND Races, dont cheat replace them.