On an icy highway I spun out and did a few 360's when my 2004 Chevy Cavalier came to a stop, I realized it had died during the ordeal. It took a few tries to get is started again. I have had no mechanical problems before this. Is this normal and why did this happen?

Asked by Feb 22, 2013 at 09:51 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

Well no this isn't particularly normal unless your driving a stick shift with a clutch. With a clutch and stick anything could happen. I understand your concern, but if it has re-started and is running fine now, then don't worry. Strange things sometimes just happen. There is no reason or cause for your car to have shut down, but like I said weird things just happen. If it starts to shut down for no reason with out doing all the 360's then worry a little. Thankfully your alright, did you get dizzy maybe and turn the key off?? Just kidding. Your fine.

9,775

My wife accidentally spun our Explorer on an oily wet mountain road when we lived in California. And the truck also stalled. She also mentioned it took her a couple tries to restart the truck. Different brand.. Similiar issue.. My assumption to her was that the spin starved the fuel pump of fuel causing air to get into the line and the truck to stall.

19,525

with some abs systems ,and stability control I think you may have helped prove a question ive always had about yaul and its intergration,thanx

I thought about what Michael is talking about and that is always a possibility, but who knows. I guess as long as it's running now and no one is hurt then all is good. I also thought about the ABS and traction controls system, but if that were the case my car would be stalling all the time as I love going up into the mountains here in WA, and do some 360's and with trac on and off, I have never had my car stall. Might have just got scared and accidentally hit the key and turned it off, this will probably just be a mystery.

19,525

true i guess its more for traction in hard turn power high as in rally race