04 cavalier will not fire

Asked by Jul 07, 2010 at 09:31 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

seems to be getting fuel, just replaced the computer on top of the intake last year, but seems to be the same problem, is this possible the thing went bad in a year

105

coil packs could be bad. it happened to me on mine...i had just put a new motor in and went to start in and it was getting fuel but no spark, put i new set of coil packs on it and it ran like a dream. make sure its gettin fuel first cuz the coil packs are not cheap at all. turn the key on and listen for the fuel pump to run or have some one else turn the key on and u take the gas cap off and put ur ear there and listen for the fuel pump to kick on if it dont smack the gas tank with a hammer while someone is trying to start it. if it works then u have a bad fuel pump, it might run for a little while by smackin the tank but not for long. check all the fuses and relays too and if all that dont work it could be a crank sensor, again not really cheap. u might try first gettin someone with a OB2 computer and plug it in to the car and see what that tells u. it could tell u the answer right off the bat and u wont have to trouble shoot the rest of the stuff

315

try the cam and or crank sensor too if not already running...