how do i get the clutch unstuck from first gear

Asked by May 18, 2007 at 01:58 PM about the 1990 Nissan Truck

the clutch is stuck in first geat i wouold like to know y it would be stuck in first gear and how would i go about fixing it??

Hi bman ... I'm pretty sure that's an indicator of a fairly serious transmission issue, but I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know ... If the fluid level in your tranny is where it should be then you will need to seek the help of a professional on this one. It doesn't sound like a "backyard" issue Good luck!

15

by stuck do you mean the clutch peddle goes all the way to the floor and you still cant get your car to shift out of gear? if this is the case then it is very likely that you are having a problem with the clutch hydraulic system, like no fluid, no or very low fluid is one of several thing that could cause your problem i would start there. it there is plenty of fluid then you can go to the next step.

30

my clutch is good but how do I get the transmission gears to neutral

Slam that f****ng stick threw the gears about as hard as you can it might unstick and its stuck in fourth not first just feels like first and I was googling this I rebuild these Damn things and I'm having the same issue I'm thinking it's the retarded way the selector shaft is set ip