2001 Landrover Discovery warning lights relating to breaks

25

Asked by Nov 15, 2010 at 03:35 PM about the 2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II

I have a 2001 Landrover Discovery and practically since It was new I get all the warning lights relating to breaks coming on periodically. Does anyone know how to fix it? I've tried the dealer no luck. It doesn't bother me as much as my passengers.

75

Does it stay on until you restart the vehicle? Or does it come on and stay on all the time? If it turns off when you restart, it's usually a connection or sensor jiggled but went back to normal. If it stays on in my experience, it's most likely one of two things. Either a Wheel Sensor acting up or the Shuttle Valve in the ABS Modulator. (Your dealer should be able to read these codes with their testbook) If it's the Shuttle Valve, there's 3 options. 1. Ignore it. You won't have ABS, but it's ok to drive. 2. Get a new/refurbished/known good Modulator. or 3. Modify it and bypass the Shuttle Valve. If it's a Wheel sensor, double check the connectors. If they're all tight and corrosion free, it's a faulty sensor. I also have a 2001 and mine is the Sensor.

probley a bad or dirty ABS sensor,if the breaking system is working right,no peddle pushback when breaking,dont worrie about it,sometimes a sensor will get dirty and not get a reading on a sensor and cause the light to come on.

15

Sometimes when the wheel bearings become worn this send false signals to the sensors.This is due to the exiter rings being fitted in the hub on series2 discoveries.It can also be a problem if non genuine bearings have been fitted.

15

hi has the wheel bearing been changed before? if so you can damage the abs sensor n that hub which turns out you need to buy a new one. happened to us when we had a p38 RR and they have the same axles!

I had a 2000 and the only things that went wronge with my I got it with 16000 miles in 2002. The computer for drive park and reverse came on as I was driving .dealer charged me 500 dollars to replace the seconf thing was the trotal stuck after floaring the gas peddel . needed a cable. with your break lite you should change the fuses maybe increas to the next amp/volt