Alanna Orr

Asked by Sep 04, 2013 at 05:45 PM about the 1973 Porsche 914

The float in your carburetor is bad. Rebuild carb completely and double check float level setting before reinstalling on car.

Victor Jeong

After doing a little research, your vehicle was never built with a carbureter. All 914's came Fuel Injected. I think the high idle is a mask for other problems with your vehicle. I suggest you bring the vehicle to a mechanic and have it checked out profesionally, rather than wasting time and money floundering about, and not get the car ever running right.