steering

Asked by Feb 22, 2013 at 05:49 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

my car feels like its all over the road and when i turn the whell left and right goin slow or fast it jumps all over the road

99,215

It sounds dangerous. Take it to a shop and have them diagnose the problem.

its nit the shocks and its not the tires and it makes no sound

oh and the the steering ifeels loose to but only on the right side untill i turm it left and right going at any speed

20,825

watch how far you can turn the steering wheel before the tire moves,if more than1 inch ,have someone turn it and see what is loose under frontend tie rods no doubt

with car on or off

immediately STOP driving it. it's a time bomb~

was going to just say dampener, but that would cause oscillation, not jumpin' or the idler arm is frequently neglected giving the driver a feeling of uneasiness and lack of control too- definately outer tie rod ends and don't believe this crap about "permantently sealed" no they aren't drill and zerk 'em-.....no replace your tie rods all four please.

...like I say...HAVE I TOWED! immediately, if not sooner. feel my spine cracking and lifetime recurring injuries as a result of the accident that shouldn't have happened. No matter what it costs you. Cannot pay five dollars a cotton ball at the hospital for avoidable injuries~

20,825

running or not prefer not with try,,one inch loose turn of steering wheel is all the max should have beyond that its something going in out up down , what? is the thought youll need a co-conspirator to see

co-conspirator, 7jimmy7? hapless assistant please...probably an unpaid, incompetant child, if that- Have so much trouble tryin' to get help out here. couple of retired mechanics who I've been giving away my mechanics tools to but they sleep most of the day and are slow to move on any project I pass onto them.

it was my brothers car he was killed in Afghanistan in august ive been fixin it up since

...caliessex----please please please have the front end work by a professional.-

,,,you know, I'm a welder too, Arc Welding for Western Plow company, Milwaukee for a 3 month assignment. As a dirt poor guy, learned by servicing rust bucket 50 dollar cars until I could buy one that's drive me out to California....now, am NEVER goin' back. You should know the basics, Oil, Coolant...an air filter every now and then, but steering IS important...you don't have to know much about cars to know ya gotta see someone who's equipped to deal with this...at least have a lift for inspection, as a shadetree mechanic will just use a floorjack.

485

I agree with 7jimmy7 its a tierod issue if it has no noise and i agree with bob_nueske get it towed its to risky to drive it to the shop you dont need the problem of an avoidable accident. Best of luck and sorry to hear bout your brother.

amen-