05 cavalier wont catch

5

Asked by Oct 09, 2012 at 04:36 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

my car wont catch.. everyone said it was the fuel pump, I replaced the fuel pump and filter and it still wont catch... yesterday i sprayed some started fluid in the throttle, it cranked but when it turned it off it wouldnt crank again

1,140

look for the fuel rail there should be a place to put injector cleaner in it looks like a tire valve. Check for pressure

18,275

Yes, check fuel pressure. Obviously fuel isnt being delivered in one way or another.

5

checked the pressure and fuel is flowing through

1,140

I had a for tempo that I thought it was the fuel pump. I replaced it and it still did not work. so I thought it was the computer. I took it to the mechanic and they thought fuel pump. I told them it was just replaced, So they put in another and it still did not work they replaced the computer and that did the trick. They even made me pay for the pump, freakin a$$holes. It was Auto Electric in Tupelo ms

18,275

Something isnt letting the injectors spray. Either clogged or more likely a sensor. Usualy a crank or cam position sensor runs these. Not really familiar with your car.

85

check either your fuel pressure regulator or your fuel pump relay. the relay should make a clicking noise when power is applied to it. also check your fuses.