2007 Pontiac G6 won't start, possible causes?

Asked by Oct 02, 2016 at 01:33 PM about the 2007 Pontiac G6

Yesterday my 2007 pontiac G6 would not start at the grocery store and I had to get a tow.  The lights, dashboard, radio, heater, wipers all work the check engine light comes on and I hear a single click when attempting to start.

The tow truck driver attempted to jump start the car and it didn;t work.  I noticed when I got the car home that the fob is no longer working to lock/unlock doors/trunk it  was making the trunk click rapidly and lights flash very fast and now it will only open the trunk approximately 1 minute after pressing the button but will not lock or unlock the doors. The car is not keyless start and does not have a remote starter, I replaced the battery on the fob approximately 6 months ago. I also noticed that the steering wheel is not locked and I can wiggle it side to side.

Prior to this the oil pressure light was coming on intermittently but when I checked the oil it was fine.  At one point 6 months ago I had an oil leak but had it fixed in Feb and had the oil changed again about 2 months ago.  When I took it to the dealership for the light they had told me that it was okay and that it was a shortage and that fixing it wasn't top priority as I had other issues to fix (brakes, tie rods, ball joint) which I did at another cheaper mechanic. The light did not come back on for months since and just recently started again prior to the car not starting.  It never overheated, no other leaks, no smoke no other issues and the oil which I've been checking every few weeks  just in case was never low.  When I  got up this morning and checked the car again it still wouldn't start I checked the oil and it was below the bottom line on the dipstick, I added a quart of oil (which brought it to full on the dipstick) but the car still wouldn't start.  

This is the only vehicle I have and I need it to get to work.  I am extremely car ignorant and any ideas as to what the issue is before I have it towed to the mechanic tomorrow would be very appreciated. I have approx. 117,000 miles on the car if that helps.  Sorry for the long rant...

4,815

Likely problem is the battery or starter. the other info are not causes, they are symptoms of a main electrical problem. Should be easy for your shop to fix for you.