azera

Asked by Jan 05, 2011 at 11:33 AM about the 2007 Hyundai Azera

why do my headlights and interior light dim while driving?  Sometimes my whole panel lights up like everything is failing and i momentairly loose power then everything is fine again...what is this????  I own an 07 azera

10

No idea, I had a similar incident with my 2006 Azera, I stopped at the gas station to get gas, when I got back in the car it would not start, 2 people tried to jump start it with no luck. A AAA truck came to tow it to a local shop and he managed jump starting it. I took it to AutoZone in the event I needed a battery, they install them free !!!!! I explained what happened she didn't listen to me she checked the battery and charging system said everything was fine. Not happy with her diagnosis, I took it to a AAA repair shop, the guy took it in, I saw him run a diagnostic test on if and he handed me the print out, he said everything is running perfectly. I haven't had a problem with it since. You may want to take it in to a local dealership or if your a AAA member bring it by there.

20

I own an 06 Azera and experiencing the same problem, adding that it compounds when the brake is applied. I hooked up a volt meter and watched as the dial indicated 8 volts when the lites dimmed. 2 visits to the local dealer did not produce a resolution.

20

Monday, Oct. 24, 2011, Hyundai tech, stated that the positive cable to the battery was causing the dimming of the lights. Since my 06 Azera is still under warranty, it was replaced free. The problem was solved

3,860

i have seen several things that can cause this problem. the obvious one is of course the alternator simply isnt charging enough when the engine is idling(such as when your braking or sitting at a light).also i have also seen positive battery cables with a larger then average voltage dropfrom the alternator to the battery.only fix i have seen is to replace the battery cable.finally and only twice i have seen a poor ground on the negative terminal cause this problem. this can be fixxed by adding a secondary ground at the battery to the body

3,860

sorry forgot to mention.. make sure if testing the battery terminal notice i said voltage drop not ohms checking. the cables will ohms test fine. you have to check the cables live with the car running, otherwise youll just change an alternator for no reason

20

The dealership replaced the positive battery cable and that seemed to solve the problem. You mentioned the ground cable, after just checking that, I noticed that the dealer installed an additional ground wire. Perhaps it was the ground causing the problem all along but, seeing that the car was still under warranty, they slipped in the positive one also.

115

this will sound crazy but I had similar problem on my 2007 azera for years stumbled on a very sightly loose positive batterry cable no problems since hope it helps

10

I had a dead cell in my battery so I had to change it out and haven't had any problems since.

JUST GOT A 2006 HAUNDAI AZERA. DROVE IT HOME. THE GUY TOLD ME THERE WAS A NEW BATTERY PUT IN YESTERDAY. THE COMPUTER NEEDED TO RESET BEFORE GETTING SMOGGED. I DROVE IT TO GAS IT UP AND AT THE STATION IT RAN HOT. 1 MILE HOME IT RAN HOT AGAIN. DOES THE COMPUTER RESETTING PART HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS.