1979 Door Arm rest / Handle replacements?

Asked by May 01, 2011 at 12:10 AM about the 1979 Pontiac Sunbird

I need replacement door arm rest / handles for my 79 sunbird my father gave the car to me and i have it running again but its kinda hard to close the doors unless u roll down the window all the way then close it. if anyone can help thx.

275

Is the problem that you can not get a good grip on the handle to close the door or is the problem that the door itself closes hard? If the door closes hard you may need to replace the pins in the hinges. Over time the hinges and pins fatigue and the door becomes missaligned making it hard to shut. If the armrest is damaged making it hard to close than yes, replace it. If the armrest handles are not damaged, but just don't allow for good grip put some sort of strap on to grab hold of.