What is this car worth?

Asked by Sep 15, 2011 at 07:06 PM about the 1980 Pontiac Le Mans

My grandpa passed away in January of 2010, and we have finally convinced my mother that it is time to sell his car...that has been wasting away on the side of the house. It is a 1980 Pontiac Grand Lemans 4-door sedan. Has 100,000 miles on it, but it hasnt been ran in at least 4 years. The exterior is covered with grime, and the interior is definitely going to need to be replaced. My mother says the only thing wrong with it is a transmission leak, but I believe its going to need more work than that. Any idea on what this would be worth? We got offered 700 as is for it, but she thinks it would easily sell for at least 3000. I think she is delusional :P I need help asap!!! The only pic I have on me is this one...

25

call the guy back and say you'll take the 700 !! It sounds like it will be a can of worms if you try to fix it up after sitting that long. Also it is not a sought after car not many people looking for a four door. Good luck and sorry for your loss.

take the $700 & run . $ 3000 is what it will probally cost to get road worthy.

3,295

Sorry for your loss. But this car would be a tough sell at 3 grand, If you get offered anything near a thousand , take it . good luck.