how much is a 1970 pontiac lamans sport convertible worth - good condition, drives great

10

Asked by Feb 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM about the 1970 Pontiac Le Mans

I have all the original service records, all belts/hoses replaced last year.  3 speed
manual, no rips in the seats, but front buckets could use rebuilding for comfort.  
Blue/white top.  Body is straight, no rust.  I want to sell it, but am struggling with
how to find out it's worth.  

2,785

should be anywhere from 9600 to 30000 depending on equipment and condition, and documentation. my guess is its worth around 10000, if it has no rust all and a presentable paint job , higher money would mean documented history and very low mileage or a total restoration/

10

Thanks, Daniel. That is very helpful. I will pull out all the old records from the original owner and see all that has been done. I've had it for about 15 years and it's been garaged and very little mileage added (since I've had it). My mechanic says it is in great condition (other than the old belts/hoses that I replaced last year). I appreciate your comment. :-)

2,785

too bad you are selling, sounds like a fun car

2,785

in any event , its worth what someone is willing to pay for it and the market in classic cars is very cut throat, you will get some very low ball offers, good luck...

10

It's a great car and I hate to sell it. I may not. I had someone offer $5K and I just felt like it was one of those low-ball offers, that's why I was interested. Thanks again!

a lemans does not hold it's value like a GTO would ,especially if it's all stock. Do you have any pictures? Most of these cars if they are from the east coast, will have a lot of rust or most likely hidden rust or alot of bondo. if you now anyone in the used car business ,see if they have a paint meter , it messures the distance between the paint & the metal ,check by the rear lower quarter panel , around the wheel well & the bottom of the front fenders.

3,105

What engine is in it ? I don't know how anybody can give an estimate without even knowing anything about the car. What color is it ? How about some pictures inside & out , under the hood & the trunk with the carpet removed. what kind of exhaust system is in it? is it matching numbers ? ?????

you should have no problem getting 10 grand . i recently sold my GTO for 4 grand and it was a mess.