vin number

25

Asked by Aug 07, 2011 at 09:15 AM about the 1969 Pontiac Le Mans

I have a 1969 lemans I want to figure out witch in line six it has

1,105

If the engine is original, it's a 250 cu. in. OHC 6, with a 1 bbl carb. It could be a Sprint in which case it is still the 250 OHC 6 but it will have a Quadrajet carb on it. Hope that helps.

25

Thanks zoneman!!! I had it rebuilt the car came with bucket seats and a floor shifter. Was it some kind of fuel saver sport package? I cant find any thing out about it

1,105

Does it have a 1 bbl. carb or a 4 bbl. carb?

25

1 bbl carb I also want to figure out some kind of " stepped up exhaust" I cant find an after market header for the straight six Ive tryed franks pontiac parts and OPGI any ideas

1,105

Right off hand I can't think of any company that still makes headers for the OHC 6. You should log on with the Overhead Cam 6 club on the internet. Years ago Jardine made headers for the engine, and Clifford made a header that was for a Chevy 6 but I had heard that with a little modification it could be made to fit up. Good luck with your project, I've had an OHC6 since1966 when they came out, good gas mileage and runs like a scalded dog.

25

wow thanks again I will check out the club and send pics when i am done hopefully late October. But i am sure you know how that goes

1,105

Yes sir I do. Right now I am Rat Roding a 1960 Volvo 544. It's a lot of work, but it's gonna be cool. It will be the garage mate with my semi custom 1967 LeMans. Have fun with your project and take time to enjoy it. Keep me informed, have fun!!!!

25

I just tried to look for the overhead 6 club couldn't find it ?? And don't worry about me taking my time I have been at it since about 2006 when I built the garage for the car. it took this long just to save the money. Some how it is way easier to spend the money than it is to save ha ha. I am so excited to paint it. Sticking with an original Pontiac color matador red with gloss black hood. Should look pretty sharp. Good luck on your rat rod my neighbor 43 Plymouth custom with suicide doors i want to buy and rat out. been in his garage for the last 20 years and still runs to cool. my name is Jeff I am from Wisconsin how about you?

1,105

My name is John, and I live a few miles east of Cincinnati, Ohio. Send me your email address then we can talk cars without cluttering the LeMans website. I look forward to hearing from you!

1,105

Jeff, the name of the website is The Pontiac Overhead Cam Six Forum. I hope that helps you out.

25

warzynskijeff@yahoo.com

If you want to find everything out about your car contact pontiac historical services (phs-online.com) they can tell you everything your car was ordered with, special options to hub caps & tires plus tons of other info .very well worth the price.

you might be able to find headers at SUMMIT.COM