I'm not interested in original, however on mid 60's G.M.vehicles I beleive Buick had a backseat that had a flip down center console or arm rest cushion. If I can find one, will it fit in 67 lemans???

Asked by Apr 19, 2014 at 10:34 AM about the 1967 Pontiac Le Mans

5,205

I doubt it. Armrests like that were usually found only in higher end cars like cadillacs in the 60's. A typical auto upholstery shop could probably fix you up by modifying the existing seat to accomodate an armrest. I would try that and maybe use an armrest from another vehicle as a model or frame to work from.

4,765

It depends. The Lemans was a "A" body GM. If the Buick you're thinking of using was also an "A" body (Special or Skylark) with the same number of doors, the seat will fit. 65-66-67 are basically the same layout. Unfortunately, I think that only the LeSabre, Wildcat and Riveria in those years had a center rear armrest, and that will NOT fit. That said, you will also have to either find or fabricate the rear deck support and trim panel where the armrest leaves a part of it exposed. The upholstery is completely different but that won't matter if you're customizing anyhow. Good luck, sounds like a cool idea.