Pontiac Lemans hubcap pricing/correct type

10

Asked by Aug 03, 2017 at 03:52 PM about the 1964 Pontiac Le Mans

Hi! My mom was the original owner of  a 1964 Pontiac Lemans convertible (she no longer has the car). We were cleaning out her garage and found 4 new in the original box Pontiac hubcaps. She can't remember when she bought them, but all 4 are in boxes marked GM Pontiac parts division, 1#9774074 and GR.5858 disc. The are the dog dish style I believe. My question is is the correct term new old stock, or original or reproduction? Also what is a realistic price to ask for? Thanks so much!!!

3,135

If they are in original GM packaging, it would be NOS (New Old Stock). Not sure of their value but I would recommend checking www.hemmings.com. This site is dedicated to classic cars and classic car parts.

10

Thanks Gary. I tried looking on Hemmings but there was nothing to compare. The problem is I'm not finding anything in the new condition with the original boxes. Do the boxes make a difference in selling or are they no big deal for a restoration person?

135,095

Post a photo of the hubcaps.

10

https://goo.gl/photos/gk6D8kxZVcFpDfPv9

135,095

There were some similar NOS caps on Ebay for $56 each but if I had a Lemans I would pay more than that for NOS caps.

10

Thanks so much! You guys have been so helpful!