Brake parts?

55

Asked by Feb 03, 2012 at 12:33 AM about the 1963 Pontiac Le Mans

Does anyone, and I do mean anyone know where to get brake parts for this car?!!?  I
have searched every parts store (Advance,Autozone,Oreilly's,Napa,Fisher,Pep Boys)
and nobody even has an idea where to get parts for this car.  Thousands of them still
running around so i know theres still parts for them.  Little help.  Please....

rockauto.com

1,075

Kanter Auto Products

1,075

Kanter 's website is www.kanter.com

425

try J C Whitney or rare parts

2,705

hemmings

1,075

Daniel, I'll help you out, post the web site for Hemmings Motor News so D Day can get in touch with them.

2,705

you can also try www.amesperformance.com, they have a catolog for the early 1961-63 tempest/ lemans cars....

95

You might try yearone - they typically have restoration parts for most any project you have

55

Thanks a lot everyone!!! has anyone bought brakes for these cars off of amazon.com?? They have good prices, but don't want to waste time buying the wrong stuff and having to send them back. Is there a difference between the front shoes and the back or are they the same shoe?

i'm sure they are the same ,but Do Not get brakes that are bonded,get the ones that are riveted. bonded brakes get hot then fall apart !

THE FRONT AND BACK SHOES ARE THE SAME, I FOUND NEW OLD STOCK SHOES, BUT IT TOOK ME A YEAR TO FIND THEM, YOUR BEST BET IS T HAVE YOUR OLD CORES RELINED.