Hy there?anybody can help me on show me how to desamble a 69 firebird carburator?

Asked by Jun 16, 2014 at 12:35 PM about the 1969 Pontiac Firebird

Some idea will be good I dont know where
to start.

4,745

If you get a rebuild kit, the instructions that come with it will pretty much walk you through the procedure. Rochester also has a lot of documentation on line, you'll need to know the exact carb model of course. Carbs are actually pretty simple. If it's got a screwdriver slot in it, it comes off. If not, leave it. Have a surgically clean area to work, take your time, clean everything twice and blow it dry before re-assembling. The most important thing with carbs is making sure the throttle plates close nearly airtight. Hold the carb up to a strong light and look for light peeking around the blades. The blades are adjustable. If this is set wrong, the engine won't idle right no matter what you do to it.

Thanks very much!!!!!

1,565

It's likely a Quadra-jet 4 barrel. Just buy a rebuild kit for the year & model specifically & follow the step-by-step instructions in the kit. Soon you will be an expert. Install all the gaskets,re-set the float, & install ALL the parts in the kit. It comes apart easy after fuel line & linkage are removed. Disassemble from the top down. Pay attention how it comes apart to re- assemble. Dip & strip in a can or carb cleaner works well too. Cleanliness is a must!

Thanks ver much!!!! Yesterday I start that process by the outside.I blow the hole carb cleaner tube from autozone.like 5 somethig but took lots of dirt and carbon black out of it.but yes today I will desamble it apart.if still does not work properly then I will search forbsomebother issue.thanks again