Ignition Switch Wiring

90

Asked by Feb 12, 2011 at 07:26 PM about the 1968 Pontiac Firebird

I was missing the ignition switch and have bought a new one, but have no idea which wires to connect to which pins on the switch.  Can anyone help?

60

how many wires are there in the connector? and what colors?

90

Hi, Greg. Here's the story: The car was running before I had to make it "legal" in CA...seat belts, etc. In the process, I also had to remove most of the dash (heater, vents, gages, etc.). Anyway, long story short, I decided to also change the ignition key set, as I could remove the key and the car would continue to run. Unfortunately, during this process, I pulled (too hard) and removed the wires. I know what is there works fine, just don't know where to put the wires. I have five (5) connections: (1) Purple wire (1) Pink wire (1) Green wire (1) Red wire (1) COMBINATION Orange/Brown wire I have a standard ignition unit, and have replaced the key set already. Any help is appreciated.

Hi I have a 1991 pontiac firebird and my heater blowers and cooling fan and charging circuit and power window don't work, I've replace both window winders cause I think this is what blown the ignition switch twice now put a third one on and these 4 items don't work, it I by pass the switch all items work. Any idea what it is thanks