GM your Equinox Chevrolet cars have problems with leaks. My advise to all people don't buy the Equinox Chevrolet car you're going to face a lot of problems with water leaks.

160

Asked by Aug 13, 2013 at 08:37 AM about the 2006 Chevrolet Equinox

GM Equinox Chevrolet cars have a defect in their model.  GM won't admit the problems
in the Equinox and their 1800 customer service is very bad, not professional at all.  I'll
never ever buy anymore car made by GM.

160

I agree with you. No wonder way GM is loosing big time their reputation and their name in the market. I have problem with leaks in my 2006 Equinox and GM won't even help to fix the leak. Their 1800 customer service is out of control, bad attitude, not friendly at all. I'll never buy any GM cars in the coming future.

228,525

Nice of you "wama" to agree with yourself.

3,735

We're sorry that you did not get a satisfactory resolution when you contacted our Customer Assistance Center, wama. Could we have you send us the last 8 digits of your VIN in a direct message so we can look into what has already been done on our end? We will assist further if we're able. Sarah (Assisting Marlea) GM Customer Care

120

Calling gm is a waste of time. Even though it is clear that they have weak seals throughout the vehicle based upon complaints, they have not done a recall. Just poor workmanship on the equinox. Not acceptable... I am done with Chevy for good.

1,085

Our 07 Equinox doesn't leak at all with 80,000 miles and we had a problem with it shortly after the warranty expired and GM took care of it just as if it were still under warranty. I have an 03 avalanche and a 07 equinox and my next vehicles will definitely be GM

220

I have an 2006 Equinox & it is now leaking buckets of water after a rain in the passenger side floorboard. I have to take a cup & empty the water out by hand! This does it for me with Chevrolet.

110

well i had a 2010 equinox and after just 700KM bang, goes the transmission, after problem with the motor, GM make me purchase a new Equinox 2011 after almost 1.5 yrs of complaint now the 2011 is not even better transmission still suck, very hard on gas, not at all what they advertised but they hide behind what the government said, well if you dont agree dont advertised it....well i have been buying gm car since 1987 but my family has been with GM since the begging , well i have to say that the next one which will be very soon will never be another GM product, the reason why i bought the Equinox in 2010 was to help them cause they had financial problem, now that they are doing fine they dont give a ..... about their customer

110

Just finished a 2000 mi trip with 2011 Equinox from Me to Mi. Trip out set cruise to 67 mph on highway. Ave exactly 32 mpg. On return set cruise to 74 mph. Ave 31.8 mpg. Vehicle just turned 25k on trip. No problems yet. Have only changed the windshield wiper blades and oil and filter.

30

i have a 2011 2lt 4 banger equinox made on a monday I ordered it with metallic black granite all leather seats power tailgate and sunroof plus awd. I have every gas receipt since new now 40,000 miles on it. With 98 percent city driving I have averaged a little over 20 mpg. on my 4 florida trips with a totally load vehicle my average is 25.5 mpg,remember AWD and average speed of 66 mph for 1504 miles.Talk about a Gem this is it. I have had only minor problems like door hinge on dash broke, check engine light on twice once a loose connector the other a coil going bad. Dealer fixed the problems within an hour and a half after drop off. i change my oil a lot and do also get oil changes and tire rotations at my dealer.

100

I have a 2013 V6 AWD Equinox and it has been in the service shop almost as much as I have driven it! I will never recommend anyone buying an Equinox due to these problems. All the dealership keeps doing is throwing parts at it and telling me at least you don't have to pay for it and we give you a rental. What about my safety on the road. I have also contacted GM and they told me I have to deal with the dealership.

50

I wish I had gotten USAFME and CASEYEQUINOX's car instead of the 2011 Equinox LTZ that I bought. I have NEVER gotten more than 21 mpg and currently have 82000 miles on it. Aside from the recalls (3 or 4) I started have mechanical and performance problems at 81000. First manifold broke in half; second throttle body went out and now the AC compressor. Of course none are under warranty. I'm not putting any more money into it. Will trade it off for Ford or Toyota. No more GM's and I really hate to say that, because I've had very good cars from GM in the past, but not spending anymore time with the Equinox.

30

I have had two 2006 Equinox'. One was a company car and one was purchased for the family. Both had to have rear wheel bearings replaced at about 40,000 miles. My leaky windshield isn't as bad as some of the reviews I have read. I can certainly agree about what a poor heater it has though.

115

I have an 09 Equinox Sport 3.6VVT and timing chains went. It was repaired under warranty. Tech told me it was due to the cars oil change intervals were programmed too far apart. They said they lowered the intervals and should not have anymore problems. Just less than a year later they went again. Dealership would not stand by their work. I told them I should have gotten more than a year out of it. They agreed but, then turned around and said it was over mileage. What a joke. I got 4 years out of the original chains. 1 year out of the replacement. What is going on?

120

I have a Chevy Equinox 2010 and after 37000 km goes my timing chains, at 39000 km goes again my timing chains, and at 41000 goes the full block of the transmission.... =-( ....PLEASE DON'T BUY ANY GMC OR CHEVY AUTOMOBILES... PLEASE. I'M SO FED UP DEALING WITH GM.

50

I have a 2012 Chevy Equinox and this car is a money pit! Front hub had to be done! Rattled since day one! Had to replace full muffler and battery ! Boyfriend has had his 2003 ford pickup brand new and just changed the battery! Also the complete air conditioning unit shit the bed! $1100 I can't afford anymore! I will never ever buy another Chevy! Not too mention all lights came on and it shut my all wheel drive off and stability tracker wasn't working due to the hub (and all the stuff that goes with that) !

90

I have a 2011 chevy equinox with 87,000 miles on it currently and I have been having problems with it since it hit 50,000 miles. It has broken down on me three times requiring tow service to the dealership for repair. Had to have the block replaced in the engine first, then I started having problems with it burning oil too fast, so I had to bring it in again after an oil consumption test for them to fix that problem. One week after that issue was "fixed", it broke down on me again while driving home from work. Only this time, they think its the transmission. Someone from the dealership called me just yesterday and asked me if I wanted to trade in the piece of junk. I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of it before my 100,000 mile warranty is up. Moral of the story: don't buy an equinox!

40

Just bought a 2010 Chevy Equinox and 7 days later, transmission went out. Of course, they are not going to replace it, they are going to order a bunch of parts and repair it, which according to what I have read is a joke. Thinking I need to just go have a chat with them and tell them to keep it and give me my money back. Any suggestions?

25

08 equinox leaked when it rained took it too th dealer, they said it was the sun roof drain vents taht were clogged, cleaned out the drains dried the mats. 325.00 a little high ?

60

2010 Equinox 68,000 miles. Timing chain and some sort of chain assembly replaced. Immediately following now the transfer case is needing replaced to the tune of $2,500. Yikes what next? I have never owned a vehicle with so many problems. Just got it paid for and thinking I had better get rid of it!

70

Worst vehicle I have ever owned 2011 equinox. Single handedly convinced me to never buy American made vehicle. Have never owned a foreign car in 30 years of driving. Congrats chevy u converted me. Piece of shit

70

Yes I'm in now with my 2014 they say that it's a seal first time they've got this

40

I have a 2011 LT2. Since the very start there was an issue with it idling weirdly. Car not responding to gas while driving. Stalling once or twice. All the trips to the dealer got me nowhere as the could not duplicate the problem. I'm risking my life driving this wreck and you can't find the problem. but when you look on line, there is just an avalanche of issues similar to mine. But GM and dealers claim there is nothing wrong. Allegedly i even had a GM person come out to dealer to check it out. Can't duplicate the problem. And now just yesterday car stalled 3 separate times. while on highway back from work. With my foot on the gas, the RPM's just drop to zero and nothing happens when my foot is on gas. Restarting the truck seems to have fixed the problem but just for tiny bit. happened 3 times in matter of half hour. Made an appointment with dealer for monday, but was already warned that if they can't duplicate the problem, they won't really be able to help me. Already looking for loop holes on how to not be responsible. The truck is a death trap. And i just simply do not understand how nobody knows anything while all these people are having issues with these truck and their performance. Very shaky GM. very shaky

50

My 2013 with 50,000 had a rear main seal replacement and now the upper seal needs to be replaced. Now they are saying the radiator has a leak. What the hell is going on?? I have only made 3 payments on this car. Im regretting buying a GM product.

50

I'm looking into lemon laws in my state, anyone have any advice besides never to buy a GM product again?

17,295

This does sell cars long term, and you cannot build customer loyalty with non responsive answers to problems like these. What a shame.

30

Omg we should have done our homework we did not see GM this bad. We just purchased a brand new eqounox lt 24 miles on it and did not even get home yt we got a service stability track check light....we called dealer they said to wait til it happened again and use on star for remote diagnostic. OnStar told us wheels can lock while driving and they don't give dealer the codes for Diagnostic's . in the am we are taking it back to Phoenix Chevy dealer, but what a load of crap to have to deal with this and reading these nightmare reviews....il keep u guys posted how dealer and GM TREAT US....Im freaken worried now...

17,295

This is WHY.....people purchase cars that are made in Japan. GM, Chrysler and to a lesser extent Ford should do a much better job at building substantial cars, but, they don't.

40

About 2013 equinox transfer case problems ! My car is at Chapman dealership an they one somewhat ball tire caused the transfer case to malfunction and explode is this true! !

10

I have an 08 equinox sport AWD. In December of 2014 the transmission completely went out. Only had first gear and park. I had both of my kids with me in the cold. Was able to lip it to our mechanics house. After months of fighting with GM they reimbursed us part of the cost of the new transmission. Almost exactly one year later the motor blows, leaving my wife stranded in rush hour traffic in the cold. I contacted GM about the issue. There was a limited warranty extension on every other GM model that had the 3.6L V6 but they wouldn't do a single thing to help us out or even try to work with us on it. Cadillac, saturn, GMC, Traverse, all of these models had the same 3.6, and somehow the equinox managed to not be allowed to be included in this warranty extension. I have still been trying to fight with GM in order to get some type of reimbursement, to no avail yet. Our mechanic showed us the letter that GM sent out stating that the oil life indicator had a flaw in the system allowing it to go too long between oil changes thus causing multiple engine issues in the different models. The Nox now has a new transmission and motor, thanks to Jasper, with a kick ass warranty. Needless to say the last GM we bought. Wife is currently rolling in her Tundra and loves is much better than the equinox. At least her and the kids are in a reliable trustworthy vehicle now. Hers even came with a LIFETIME POWERTRAIN warranty. Thank you Toyota. New customer for life.

10

I have a 2014 Equinox LTZ AWD that needs both mufflers replaced due to the seams separating. Water pours out of both! Good job Chevy! I want my 70's models back!

25

11 mos ago had sun roof drains cleaned out cost $ 325.00 .had a heavy rain and is leaking again. now have to worry about shorting out the electrical system

20

2011 chevy equinox purchased brand new only owner did all my oil changes at the dealership I complaint several times about the suv acting up throttling n other issues. Told me try upgraded gas I did,not to worry about it it was normal then my transmission has gone out at 85k miles,they did dealership has fix privious problems but now I have no warranty n currently waiting on what they going to do for me NOT what I expected for a vehicle well taking care of

10

2008 equinox. Wheel bearing at 40k, fuel pump seal leak(leaking gas while driving-replaced entire assembly),82k head gasket-yes white cloud behind the equinox-Who would of guessed it, radio doesn't come on all the time, constant traction service light off and on. STAY STAY STAY FAR AWAY FROM CHEVY-outsourcing cheap parts now from china-yep even the head gasket

30

Everyone should push there Chevy Equinox off a cliff and save yourself time and money

17,295

If people continue to buy or lease these cars, they will still make them.... don't do it.

20

I have a 2o11 Equinix and in 2013 when still under warranty had to replace transmission. Today 3 years later the transmission went again. Called GM customer service and rep said the parts are not meant to last forever ,that was an insult to my intelligence . We are taking about. A 5 year old car not a 1987 model. 2 transmissions in 5 years seem unreasonable to me . Will not buy another GM car ever if this is not resolved

10

I have a 2010 Chevy Equinox with 138K miles, the warranty doesn't exist anymore. This past year, I have had to replace the transmission, now the Heater Core and radiator all within 4 months. ALso, 30 days after we bought it 2010 the front wheel broke off. This car spent more time the first 4 years of ownership in the shop at the dealership. Under warranty I think almost all hoses, orings, oil gaskets, etc,.,.. have been replaced. I will never buy another Chevy.

10

Another follow up (2008)--Just replaced my 2nd spark plug-the white porcelain cracked. I have learned now that the spark plug wires are faulty and they all need to be replaced. Yep-I have had 2 crack now. Also the front radiator fans have issues. I have replaced the 2 plugs for the wires now. Few months later I replaced the entire fan unit system. I should add some pictures of the spark plugs. We will still keep this vehicle till the motor or tranny blows. BTW I just bought a 2013 Scion XB-28k miles. Roomy, 2.4L Camry motor- love it.

20

Purchased a 2010 Chevy Equinox 4 months ago. The car had 53,000 miles on it. It now 4 months later has 58,000 miles on it. I was with my son in rush hour traffic when my transmission blew. Yes you read correctly 58,000 miles and has transmission issues. Will cost us about $4,000 to fix. Called GM and they will not help us in any way. I spoke with them today. I could have purchased a new car. This is a sad sad situation. Makes me sick that on their Facebook page they boast about helping our military and veterans. My husband is a disabled veteran and they couldn't care less. I am sick to my stomach. I should have stuck with Toyota. Please if you are reading this take my word and stay FAR FAR away from these vehicles.

17,295

BRZ_1305- I'm really sorry to hear about this, it's DISGRACEFUL. You know, I really would love to consider an American car... And, this brings me to this point...."What is an American car??? My 2010 Subaru Outback Limited is built in Lafayette Indiana...That's right, you heard that correctly.... American workers.. Yeah, they're not in Detroit MI, but, so what. And, the parent company is from Japan, but again, so what??? My point is that this is not a cut and dried answer, see this information below, very informative, www.autoblog.com/2010/10/06/is-your-car-really-american/

17,295

I remember growing up hearing that Chevrolet and Ford were the "most popular" brands of cars in the United States. I'd just like to point out that being the "most popular" has absolutely NOTHING to do with quality..... I love to see the look on people's faces when I tell them that my Subaru Outback was actually built in the United States.... They're usually surprised, so, do your research before buying your next car..... And remember, there's no perfect car, but, you can read reviews and increase your chances of getting a good model. See this accompanying article below, https://www.cars.com/articles/the-2016-carscom-american-made- index-1420684865874/

17,295

Subaru is a niche car company and is one of the few that have enjoyed a track record of increasing sales every year, http://m.wardsauto.com/industry/subaru-targets-modest-us-sales- increase-2015

Have a 2011 Equinox no problems. Been to Ga twice and Ohio several times no issues.

I agree with you. i have equinox 2011 120 km on it. I just pay $1700 for used TRANSFER CASE also they told my they found EXHAUST MANIFOLD cracked all $1200 to fix .what a ripped off .not and i will not recommend any GM cars

I have a 2011 equinox transmission went out at less than 70000 miles. Burns oil, about a quart every 1000 miles. Just finished oil consumption test and waiting on new parts. Even though transmission was just rebuild less than 5000 miles ago noticed today it's leaking trans fluid. Worst car I've ever owned.

17,295

Transmission failures, leaking seals resulting interior water damage, mainifold cracks, leaking fuel lines, burning oil, everything but a horde of locusts! This is an "American car"....I think they can do better?? Vote with your pocketbook. Truly amazing, very sad!

Someone wrote: I agree with you. i have equinox 2011 120 km on it. I just pay $1700 for used TRANSFER CASE also they told my they found EXHAUST MANIFOLD cracked all $1200 to fix .what a ripped off .not and i will not recommend any GM cars I literally just came from the shop with both of the same issues.. and now the drive shaft is screwed up as well. 104K miles and this is going to cost me $2300 to fix. Checking on the extended warranty i got but not holding breath.