Did the 61 Bonneville Conv. Come with Buckets or was it an option?

Asked by Dec 29, 2010 at 05:56 PM about the 1961 Pontiac Bonneville

In July of 1961, when I was 17, I persuaded my father to purchase a 1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible from Joseph Gray Pontiac in Freeport NY. It was black, with a white top, and had a bench seat up front that was blue, white and silver.

I had a 61 Bonneville convertible with the 389 tri-power carbs n the Wonderbar radio! Mine came with the bench seat but I saw one at a car show then that had the option buckets with them on the sticker!

15

It is my understanding that the '61 Bonneville Convertible was standard with leather and bench seats. The bucket seats were a standard option to that model only. Buckets were a "Special Order" option to any other bodystyle in '61. Dan

Bucket seats were optional. leather was standard on all conv. till 1966. just the seats alone on this car was 5,000.00 that picture was taken in my front yard. I did the sanding on the headlight Bezels to prep for the polisher.

here is another