is there any way of knowing if the started in my car does not work? My car does not start and I am wondering if its the starter.

Asked by Jul 26, 2007 at 02:39 PM about the 1989 Pontiac 6000

40,235

Take the vehicle to a local Advance Auto Parts and they can load-test the starter, battery, and alternator for free with them on or off of the vehicle.

if its your starter when you put the key in the on position all you hear is tick tick tick??

335

somtimes you wont hear anything, and dont take it to autozone or advance if you want to get an accurate test, they arent trained to diagnose problems as well as a certifide tech