6000 STE exaust

5

Asked by Oct 14, 2011 at 08:26 PM about the 1986 Pontiac 6000

I recently purchased my dream car, a 1986 Pontiac 6000 STE.  It has a dual outlet muffler on it but is very quiet.  Where can I get the dual outlet muffler that is original sounding to this car?  I want the "throaty" sounding muffler that the 2.8 MFI V6 originally sounded like.  

20

Your local O'Reilly should have a dual outlet Walker that is a direct replacement. They may have to order it in, but you'll likely be the happiest with it. How do you like the car? Matt

Best Answer Mark helpful

I went to a commonly well known named performance muffler that maintained the sound of the STE exhaust. If I could only remember their name. They are based in California; northern California, as I recall. Kristopher