help please... hard time getting correct replacement trans for 1986 Nissan Stanza sedan

Asked by Jan 30, 2008 at 12:07 PM about the 1986 Nissan Stanza

I'm trying to replace the transmission, but twice a transmission that does not fit the engine came, and the (wrong) one matches the VIN number according to the model number (I called a dealer).  The mechanic describes one difference (besides the bad fit) as the transmission coming out of the car has just one pan, the one that came has two.  It's possible the original engine was replaced I guess... if there are any ideas, please let me know.  thanks.

6,775

A replacement engine is a possibity... If you still have the old tranny why don't you get it rebuilt? If that is not possible try car-part.com, E-bay or try this site, http://www.partstrain.com/ or http://www.thepartsbin.com/ hope this helps. best of luck.

42,175

Yes, there should be a way by calling the Nissan dealer to get the transmission numbers off of the transmission in your vehicle, and use them to make sure you are ordering the proper replacement for it. Don't use the VIN this time, simply describe the transmission and give as much info as you can, i.e. numbers cast into the side of it, etc.

I am having the a similar issue its 2013 sept and i will need a ransmission soon mine is slipping . What the best resource for a rebuilt or repair near Santa Barbara or ventura area