Is there more than one automatic transmission that goes in a 1986 Nissan Stanza 4 door sedan?

Asked by Jan 23, 2008 at 11:30 AM about the 1986 Nissan Stanza

The replacement transmission that comes up on databases is larger than the one in the car.

no,will have to be same trsns.

I'm trying to replace the transmission, but twice a transmission that does not fit the engine came, and the (wrong) one matches the VIN number according to the model number (I called a dealer). The mechanic describes one difference (besides the bad fit) as the transmission coming out of the car has just one pan, the one that came has two. It's possible the original engine was replaced I guess... if there are any ideas, please let me know. thanks.

6,915

See other post