1988 Pulsar tachometer

Asked by Jun 09, 2010 at 12:43 AM about the 1988 Nissan Pulsar

I've got a cherry '88 pulsar.  There are only two things wrong with it, that is the tach doesn't work, and the sensor light comes on after 20 minutes driving.  I don't want to take the dash out if I don't have to, where does the tach connect on these mpfi cars?  Also, what sensor is giving me trouble?  Any advice would  be appreciated.

45

I have an '88 Pulsar also.Sensor light?? OBD I has 2 LEDs on ECM. 1 red 1 green. Red is "10"- green is "1" Check out Hanynes manual- Nissan Sentra- for details- how to diagnose, and the trouble codes are there too. Tach is connected to distributor pickup, under rotor (hall effect switch).

Where is the car?