my 87 Nissan pulsar nx just shut off and has no fire

Asked by Aug 06, 2010 at 01:16 PM about the 1987 Nissan Pulsar

i was driving the pulsar about 20 miles per hour and it just shut off and now has no fire. i just put a fuel pump in it and it was running good and had lots of power can anyone let me know where to start looking for the problem might be

Beg borrow or steal a noid light and check to see if there's power to your injectors. I had this problem myself, and it turned out to be a faulty fusible link. That being said, I could never find the fusible link, and rewired the injectors directly to my battery (through a fuse of course). I haven't had a problem since.

10

I had this same problem with my nissan. It turned to be the ECU computer under the front seat. The computer controls the fuel pump. The problem started because a wire under the hood brunt through causing the ECU to go out. I had to replace the ECU computer and mass air flow sensor. Also repair the wire that caused all this to happen. Check under the hood right by the air flow sensor and might sure the same factory wire is not burnt from too much heat.

I had the same with my 87 nissan pulsar nx it turned out to be my timing belt .