fuel pump

Asked by Feb 25, 2011 at 04:13 PM about the 1989 Nissan Pickup

My 89 pickup has always had sputtering problems.  Finally this year the engine cut out on me on the freeway.  It acted like it was out of gas.  I had the fuel pump replaced and it was okay for two weeks or so but then it did the same thing again.  I noticed one of the tubes disconnected when I checked under the hood.  Would that be my vacume that is having trouble?

20

i have a 87 4x4 and mine did the same thing like it ran out of gas and youv' chcked the pump then it'sthe mas air flow sensor which is on the sid of the carb/trottle body i tapped on mine it would run then go rght back to not staying idle i replaced it and now it runs

80

The tube is probably your vacume. you need to put that back where it goes and put a hose clamp on it to keep it on. With out the vacume it will cause the truck to shut down