I have an 87 D21 Nissan truck it will start and run but just a second then stop firing you can leave it over night and it will crank again. I have changed the coil got the same thing. I checked the voltage to the coil with switch on its 12.95 volts when turning over it goes down to 9.5 volts. any suggestions ?

20

Asked by Jul 28, 2014 at 08:06 PM about the 1987 Nissan Pickup

325

Need three things for gas engines fuel, fire, vaccum. Do you have fuel, fire, and vaccum could be injectors should register 1.8 each could be fuel filter, plugged, could be bad vaccum broke, cracked or missing. if it only runs for a second do you lose fire, or fuel?? If you lose neither could be vaccum.

10

CHECK RESISTOR TO COIL FOR OPEN CIRCUIT. KEY IN START POSITION BYPASSES RESISTOR, JUMPER WIRE ACROSS RESISTOR WILL CLOSE CIRCUIT ALLOWING MOTOR TO RUN FOR TEMPORARY FIX. THIS BEING THE CASE FOR MANY CARS