electrical problem

Asked by Mar 12, 2009 at 01:45 PM about the 1987 Nissan Pickup

My 87 Nissan PU has a problem: the lower 1/2 of the gauges stopped working. The oil pressure, temp, and main fuel level quit. The fuses at the fuse box are fine.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Scott

I have an 86 and i can tell you from experince with it you may as well replace the wiring harness to get everything working because tapping into it to try and fix guages ignition or anything else like that will just blow up the whole thing and literally KILL your truck. anyway the wiring harnes isnt hard to replace its just finding one for the truck itself.

Same thing happened to my 86 pickup not too long ago. everything stopped working except the speedometer, but mine was just a fuse. it was the one labeled "meter and back-up lights" or "meter and [some kind of light]" I actually had a wiring problem that was cause this fuse to blow everytime i turned on my right turn signal. but if it's not the fuse i couldn't tell you the problem