truck spudders not getting fuel to fuel filter.could it be fuel pump or computer problems

Asked by Dec 31, 2014 at 12:04 PM about the 1986 Nissan Pickup

100

well first you said not getting fuel to filter if this is the case then the pump may be bad. fuel pumps can lose pressure there for causing this issue. if you know for sure and checked to see that the pump is not getting fuel to the filter than I would bet to say replace the fuel pump. if you are guessing then remove the in line hose to the filter and have someone crank the motor if no fuel or low fuel flow is there replace pump if good flow hook line back and check the out put of the filter if low or no fuel replace filter. if good check to see if fuel is getting to carb. or fuel jets. if no or low have the jets cleaned. try this first. If you still have an issue let me know