I have an 86 Nissan 720 2.4 2wd. Having problem starting. Tried new battery, changed post cables to battery, replaced starter. Problem persists! Any ideas?! Please help!

Asked by Sep 01, 2013 at 01:30 PM about the 1986 Nissan Pickup

yes...the dis-similar metals of the chassis and the lug---(no matter how clean) has made a layer of insulation from corrosion....attack the chassis ground with a coarse wirebrush so the ground is established...good to 300 cold cranking amps.....ALSO the 1/0awg Cable that goes to the MOTOR (let's please not forget) what attaches near the alternator and connects to the ground bus off the battery....THIS is an important one for the starter motor to realize the 300 plus cold cranking amps required here~

110,065

Check negative battery connections on frame and motor. Also if standard shift check clutch pedal safety switch.